Although fluoride is often called nature’s cavity fighter, we do not usually get enough fluoride from nature, but rather a supplement that is added to other products we consume or use. If you would like to learn more about fluoride, see below:
– Fluoride is often added to products, but at its core, it is a mineral that can be found in bodies of water across the planet.
– If you need additional fluoride supplements, you can purchse them online and in many stores. They often come in a pack of drops or lozenges.
– Fluoride is often available in oral health care supplements, professional cleanings, toothpaste, the public water supply, and various forms of mouthwash.
– Professional cleanings given by your dentist help introduce your smile to fluoride treatments that are both safe and effective.
– Fluoride levels in consumer products are considered to be at safe levels for children and adults, but it can be lethal for young children, so avoid letting them use any products containing fluoride.
Dr. Celeste Eckerman and our team at Celeste Eckerman DDS LLC are here to help with effective fluoride treatments. For additional care, please call 775-782-2799 to schedule an appointment at our office in Minden, Nevada. Come on in to learn more about your options to get the bright and healthy smile you’ve always wanted.