Set up your smile for summer success with optimum sleep apnea care. Taking care of your smile begins with diagnosing and treating any potential forms of sleep apnea that may exist. Sleep apnea is fairly common, but a serious condition in which breathing is interrupted while you sleep.
Listed below are some generally accepted risk factors for sleep apnea:
– If left untreated, sleep apnea can put you in jeopardy of high blood pressure, diabetes, depression, heart attack, stroke, and even death.
– Irregular ailments that can increase your chances for sleep apnea include an enlarged tongue or tonsils, a deviated septum, nasal blockages, a small jaw, and throat obstructions.
– Genetics play a heavy role in many oral health abnormalities, including sleep apnea.
– Normal allergies and sinus problems can also enhance your likelihood of sleep apnea.
– Sleep apnea is commonly seen in males over the age of 40.
To schedule an oral exam at Celeste Eckerman DDS LLC, simply book an appointment at our dentist office in Minden, Nevada, with Dr. Celeste Eckerman and the rest of our team. We can be reached at 775-782-2799. Visit us today, and enjoy the season with a smile!